Monday, March 1, 2010

she and him: volume two


Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward, known in your ears as She&Him, created an affably harmonious and symbiotic musical relationship with their 2008 release, Volume One. I still listen regularly to that album and am taken by Zooey's smooth and forlorn voice over M. Ward's most excellent vintage beach guitar aesthetic. I don't want the adjective "adorable" to take away from how good this duo has proven to be, but they are an incredibly lovable musical pairing. If you could hold an album by the hand and frolic with it down daisy lined, dusty paths, you would do so with Volume One.

From the freshly released single from March 23rd's Volume Two, I expect I will hold out my other hand for their new album as well.

Welcome March properly! It's going to be a glorious, sunny, clean linen sort of springtime.

Thieves- She&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment